Do you continue to experience Discord keeps crashing? It’s not just you experiencing it. There have been many complaints about the Discord crash. You may have problems launching a new game or opening an already existing one. You don’t have to worry about finding a solution. Discord Keeps Crashing can be fixed with some simple steps. Follow the following steps to fix it.
Do you know why Discord keeps crashing?
The launch of Discord keeps crashing for two reasons. Here are some of them:
Corrupted Discord files will prevent the application from functioning correctly. There are many problems that can arise as a result of app crashes. In addition to deleting data from the AppData folder, you can fix the problem.
It is possible that you will experience problems after updating Discord. Most app updates include bugs, as a matter of course. Numerous problems can arise as a result of these bugs. Try to connect to Discord via audio/video, and Discord crashes.
How To Fix Discord Keeps Crashing Error?
Fixing random Discord crashes can be accomplished in several ways. I will be discussing the following fixes in this article:
- Switch off the Hardware Acceleration
- Enable the Legacy Mode
- Delete discord data
- Update the device
- Reinstall Discord
These are some of the methods we will discuss briefly now:
1. Disable Hardware Acceleration
The Discord experience is smooth, thanks to the hardware acceleration. Discord offloads tasks to hardware using hardware acceleration. As a result, a seamless experience is provided. This can lead to Discord crashing sometimes. Here are the steps you need to follow to disable it:
- Open Discord.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab under App Settings.
- Toggling the switch will disable Hardware Acceleration.
2. Turn On Legacy Mode
The legacy mode in Discord can be used to resolve a wide range of issues. App settings provide access to this mode. Interactions with microphones, voices, and videos are affected by this mode. Discord can solve issues related to screen sharing, such as screen crashes. For Discord to support legacy mode, follow these steps:
- Open Discord
- and navigate to User Settings.
- You can find Voice & Video under App Settings on the left-hand side.
- The Audio Subsystem can be found by scrolling down.
- After you have selected Legacy, click the Confirm button. Save the changes.
3. Delete Discord Data From AppData
Corrupt files or cache could result in Discord crashing. The AppData directory can be cleaned out to resolve this issue. You can choose not to delete these files. Here are the steps you need to take to delete Discord data:
- First, press Windows key + R to open the Run box. Next, enter %AppData%, and hit the enter key.
- The Cache folder is found by double-clicking on the Discord folder. The path to the folder should look like this: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\discord\Cache.
- The contents of this folder must now be deleted. To select all files, press CTRL + A and then click on the right-click to select Delete.
- You must open your Discord folder again after deleting the file and then your Local Storage folder.
- It is recommended that you delete all contents in this folder.
- Launch Discord and see if the crash persists after rebooting your computer.
4. Update Windows
There may be a problem with Windows rather than Discord. A Windows bug may be causing Discord not to work correctly. Discord’s current version may be incompatible with Windows. It would be best if you, therefore, considered updating Windows to its latest version. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Navigate to Settings > Update and Security.
- Windows Update can be found on the sidebar.
- To check for updates, click Check for Updates.
- If updates are found, let Windows look for them and install them.
- After that, you will need to check if Discord crashed on your computer.
5. Reinstall Discord
You may consider upgrading Discord to the latest version for those who cannot use any of these methods. Ensure you have the latest version of Discord by doing this. Corrupt files will cause Discord to crash. You can reinstall Discord by doing the following:
- Go to Programs > Features and Programs.
- Click the right-click menu to find Discord.
- Uninstall is an option.
- Uninstall the app and then download the latest version of Discord.
Discord’s continual crashes could be solved with these solutions. We would appreciate your feedback once you have tried these fixes. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have.